[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Building latest snapshot[with Cygwin]
- Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:43:23 +0100
- From: D.J at fiddes.surfaid.org (David J. Fiddes)
- Subject: Building latest snapshot[with Cygwin]
> I configured rtems as follows
> ../rtems-19990820/configure --target=m68k-rtemself
> --prefix=/gcc-m68k --enab
> Has anyone get this to configure/make on cygwin?
I have managed to build the latest snapshot more or less OK with the Cygwin.
I used a configure line similar to this except I used an older m68k-coff
toolset(one thing at a time ;) and the efi332 BSP. It worked more or less OK
- The initial configure chokes when it trys to configure the tools. I
complains about not being able to build executables with the gcc installed
on the system. You can fix this by setting CC=gcc before configuring...but
this seems a hack. Has anyone seen this behaviour or is it just my setup?
- The good old NTVDM error dialog keeps coming up during the make at each
check for the cross-compiler. Just hitting "Terminate" fixes this.
Cygwinb1.dll needs hacked so it does some sort of check that the EXE it is
trying to run is a PE, NE or DOS EXE before going on to call NT's Create
Process (which thinks that anything that isn't in this category is a ye olde
.COM and can just be loaded and run)(a behaviour I would really like to see
turned off in NT - although it fails gracefully when presented with garbage,
The build does take a *LOT* longer than it used to though due to all the
extra configure steps which have a real performance hit on Beta 20.1 :(
Other than that it works fine.
My Cygwin setup is pretty clean. Cywin Beta 20.1 with cygwin Perl installed
to /usr/local/, latest versions of autoconf and automake and the following
and a pretty boring binary mount table:
Device Directory Type Flags
\\.\tape1: /dev/st1 native text!=binary
\\.\tape0: /dev/st0 native text!=binary
\\.\b: /dev/fd1 native text!=binary
\\.\a: /dev/fd0 native text!=binary
j:\cygnus /cygnus native text=binary
f:\gnu-unix\archive /archive native text=binary
j:\gnu-unix / native text=binary
hope this helps,