[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Copy from flash on boot?
- Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:40:58 -0500
- From: janovetz at tempest.ece.uiuc.edu (Jake Janovetz)
- Subject: Copy from flash on boot?
Is anyone currently using a target which:
1. Boots to flash.
2. Copies the executable from flash into RAM (DRAM/SRAM,etc)
3. Runs the executable in RAM.
Is the code in part (1) part of the RTEMS boot code or is it
a separate boot loader that you wrote? Is this stuff typically
integrated into the BSP?
janovetz at uiuc.edu | Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
University of Illinois | your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
| there you long to return. -- da Vinci
PP-ASEL | http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~janovetz/index.html