[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
some general Ada questions ...
- Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:09:02 +0200 (MET DST)
- From: Kris.Hermans at cs.kuleuven.ac.be (Kris Hermans)
- Subject: some general Ada questions ...
Hi all !
I'm Kris Hermans, a scientific researcher from the university of Leuven
(Belgium) and our computer dept. is very interested in GNAT/RTEMS. So I
downloaded and installed version 4.0.0 and compiled and executed
hello_world_ada and some other tests with success.
Now we want to examine this system more closely, but therefore we lack
1. The version I downloaded is entirely written in C. But the C user's
guide states that there is also an Ada version (Page 3). Can I get this
version also for free ? (or is there some academic license ?)
2. However, with the version I have, I can do Ada-development. But I
don't understand it: Do I have to call the C API for tasks and
synchronization and timing facilities ? Or can I use Ada Tasks, protected
objects, delay statemenmts ( in this case: are they somehow mapped to the
C-API ? Is there any docs available ?)
3. How does GNAT/RTEMS support the real-time annexes in Ada ? Is it
4. I want to do serial and parallel communication on my target (i386 with
pc386 -- I want to control a robot with it)). However, this bsp only
supports serial interfacing. Is there someone who has extended it for
parallel ports ? Or can someone give me some hints on doing this myself ?
Thanks for your quick responses,