[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GDB patch for debugging Hitachi advanced rom monitor
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:43:02 +0100
- From: corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de (Ralf Corsepius)
- Subject: GDB patch for debugging Hitachi advanced rom monitor
> Is there any GDB patch for debugging with Hitachi advanced rom monitor
> v1.0 ?
I guess you are refering to Hitachi SHs ?
> please tell me!
I am not sure, if I understand what you want:
1) In case you want to use gdb on a target equipped with AMON, you need to
make the monitor on the target aware of gdb. In this case you need a
gdb-stub for your target. I know about several free SH gdb-stubs being
available on the net, but I don't know if there is any for AMON. However,
adapting existing gdb-stubs for specific monitors should not be too
2) In case you want to use the gnu toolchain with other debuggers but gdb,
you need to find a way to make the objects created by the toolchain to
meet the requirements of the debugger (eg. object format, additional
runtime libraries etc.). In this case gdb isn't involved at all.
3) Do you want to use gdb with a vendor's proprietary debugger/monitor
protocol (Hitachi AMON protocol)? In this case you would have to modify
gdb, but I don't know if such a patch existsfor AMON. FWIW, I doubt such a
patch exists and would be desireable in general.
I hope it helps :)
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)
Helmholtzstr. 16, 89081 Ulm, Germany Tel: +49/731/501-8690
mailto:corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de FAX: +49/731/501-999