[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:45:10 -0500
- From: joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com (Joel Sherrill)
- Subject: PThread
"Gu, Yi (Yi)** CTR **" wrote:
> Is PThread compatible with RTEMS native task?
I do not understand the question.
RTEMS has support for 3 APIs:
- Classic RTEID API (on by default)
- POSIX API (includes pthreads) (--enable-posix)
- uITRON API (--enable-itron)
The POSIX API has threads that are POSIX 1003.1b
compliant. That makes them compatible with POSIX
threads packages on numerous UNIX flavors.
Threads/tasks created with any of the APIs can use
services from the other APIs. For example, Classic
API tasks can block on a POSIX mutex.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel at OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985
- From: yigu at Lucent.com (Gu, Yi (Yi)** CTR **)