[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RTEMS Evaluation CD Available
- Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:07:31 -0700
- From: strauman at slac.stanford.edu (Till Straumann)
- Subject: RTEMS Evaluation CD Available
Here comes a cool thing:
I put together a CD image with a complete, pre-built RTEMS demo system
providing a vxworks'ish look and feel.
You can run RTEMS on any standard PC (>= pentium), a MVME23xx (powerpc), a
Synergy VGM series (powerpc) or an old MVME167 (m68k) board.
The generic system application (GeSys) provides the Cexp shell with a
built-in run-time loader/linker. A complete toolchain and EPICS base
installation for the supported target BSPs (on a linux-x86[RH9] host) is
- boot perbuilt system on a target BSP
- build EPICS or non-EPICS applications as loadable modules
- load your application on the target and run.
The CD contains complete examples, sources and a lot of documentation
in HTML format. Just mount it, read, build, play...
The image is available at
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~strauman/rtems/cd/index.html (short description)
Unfortunately, I have not enough space to make the thing available for
BTW: it's not just a toy - the generic system is what we use at
SPEAR as our hard real-time production platform.