[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
sparc-rtems4.8-sis simulator not available on MSYS
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:09:01 +0100
- From: ralf.corsepius at rtems.org (Ralf Corsepius)
- Subject: sparc-rtems4.8-sis simulator not available on MSYS
On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 14:51 +0100, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> we are just proceeding with our SPARC session here and we are happpy to
> have the SPARC toolchain up and running under MSYS.
> Unfortunately we found out that sparc-rtems4.8-gdb under MSYS does not
> come with the SIS simulator :-(
> Is there a technical reason why it was excluded
Yes. There are 2:
- MinGW lacks some resources the simulator is based on.
- GDB's SIS simulator suffers pretty much from code rott.
It hardly compiles on real unixes.