[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
No sparc-rtems4.7-gdb rpm for SuSE 10.3?
- Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 10:53:36 +0200
- From: ralf.corsepius at rtems.org (Ralf Corsepius)
- Subject: No sparc-rtems4.7-gdb rpm for SuSE 10.3?
On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 10:32 +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> While there are gdb packages for other targets than sparc in
> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/4.7/suse/10.3/i586/ , there
> is none with sparc-rtems4.7-gdb.
> Is this intentional?
More or less, because
1. sparc-rtems4.7-gdb has always been problematic (read it was bugged)
to build in general and so far has always failed to build for SuSE.
2. The whole rtems4.7 toolchain rpms have begun to expose its age and
hardly builds anywhere anymore
3. SuSE has always had been a 3rd class citzen and received too little
That said, I plan to look into this during the next couple of days.
> Is gdb included in some other package?
No. It's just missing.
 You might have noticed a new set of rtems4.7-gcc rpms last weekend.
In first place, it was addressing fixing a not so ignorable bug in
newlib, but also a major overhaul/mass rebuild to address building