[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Getting started with FAT Filesystem on SD/MMC cards over SPI
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:42:00 -0400
- From: rsg at alum.mit.edu (Robert S. Grimes)
- Subject: Getting started with FAT Filesystem on SD/MMC cards over SPI
My hardware provides support for SD/MMC flash cards over SPI, so now I
need to implement suitable drivers for this. Because it would need to
be read by Windows machines, and because it is sufficient for my
application, it seems the dosfs is the way to go.
I've got a low level SPI driver for my BSP (powerpc/virtex under RTEMS
4.8), and I've written some chip drivers on top of that, so I'm
comfortable with the SPI level.
But where do I go from here?
1. How do I "include" the dosfs in my application? Is it a matter of
#define CONFIGURE_ macros, and if so, which? (As an aside, is
there one central place where all these macros are defined? If
so, I haven't found it...)
2. How do I get dosfs to work via the SPI bus? What must my driver
Any pointers or roadmap well appreciated - TIA
P.S. Sounds like a request for a "HowTo" on my part - I'd be happy to
write one for the Wiki...