[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Exporting functions back
- Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:56:10 +0100
- From: sebastien at milkymist.org (Sébastien Bourdeauducq)
- Subject: Exporting functions back
Ralf recently made some functions static, which causes some problems.
As far as we are concerned, they are:
* bootp_strdup_realloc - used in the DHCP client. This means DHCP
cannot be used at all at the moment.
* rtems_shell_init_env - we use it with the telnet server to make the
shell environment reentrant (we modify the login function).
* rtems_shell_main_mv - there is no standard API for automatically
moving files and directories recursively and/or across filesystems.
Most UNIX applications use system() for this purpose instead of
painfully reinventing the wheel, which is more or less the equivalent
of calling rtems_shell_main_mv in RTEMS.
Can we get those functions exported again? (and even better, with
RTEMS-specific header files so we do not have to re define the