[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New Fedora 14 VM Images with RTEMS Development Environment
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:04:10 -0600
- From: joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com (Joel Sherrill)
- Subject: New Fedora 14 VM Images with RTEMS Development Environment
On 03/10/2011 07:25 AM, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply! I though this licensing issue was resolved.
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 18:46 +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
>> The reply from Red Hat legal on the licensing is at:
> So, anything using newlib cannot be accepted into Fedora due to
> licensing issues?
That's funny... cygwin-1.7.8-1.fc14.noarch.rpm is available
which has newlib in it.
>> Someone from LatticeMico32 or their support dealers in Bengaluru,
>> India contacted me regarding the toolchain, but, he didn't understand
>> anything about Fedora, free/open source to understand about the
>> licensing problem.
> As far as I can tell, the only Lattice code that goes into the RTEMS
> toolchains is the LM32 GCC patch, which is GPL and part of the official
> GCC releases now. So this should not be a problem. Or are there some
> nontrivial (i.e. copyrightable) newlib modifications made by Lattice
No. The only lm32 specific file in newlib is setjmp.S which has
* setjmp/longjmp for LatticeMico32.
* Contributed by Jon Beniston <jon at beniston.com>
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
> rtems-users mailing list
> rtems-users at rtems.org
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research& Development
joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985